Esala Full Moon Poya Day falls today.
- Suddhodana Shakya King’s, wife Queen Mahamaya the womb to conceive Gautama.
- Prince Siddhartha left from the palace.
- Conducting the first sermon after enlightenment by the Gautama Buddha.
- Conducting the twin miracle, tree root at Gandamba, to control Theerthaka.
- Went to the Thawthisa heaven and conducting Wijam Bana to Maathru god.
- Prince Rahula’s birth.
- Three months after the Buddha’s death, conducting a first Dharma Sangayana at Rajagahanuwara Wehara rock mountain, with contribution of Ajasath king, By Mahakashyapa arahath and 500 of arahath monks.
- Sri Lanka’s first retreat season held.
- In BC 847 at Kithsiri Mewan Kings period, early first ceremony held to display tooth relic of buddha, brought from Kalinga country by Hemamala princes and Dantha prince.
- By King Kirti Sri Rajasinghe, get Upali thera and other monks from Siam country, held a higher ordination in Sri Lanka first time.
- Kataragama, Devinuwara, Kandy, Ratnapura, Ambekke, Alutnuwara Bellanwila, holding processions.
The factors being the Buddhists, the Esala Full Moon Poya Day is a very special day today.