Sri Lankans are eagerly preparing for the dawn of the Sinhala and Tamil New Year which will take place in a few hours.
Following are the auspicious times for all the traditional activities that take place during the New Year celebrations.
- Punya Kalaya: April 14, 1.59 pm to April 15, 2.47 am
- Dawn of the Sinhala and Tamil New Year: April 14, 08:23 pm
- Preparing of Meals: at 10.05 p.m
- Transactions and partaking of the first meal: 10.43 pm
- Anointing with oil: April 15 at 9.17 a.m.
- Time to leave for work: April 19 at 11.38 a.m.
However, the Ministry of Buddha Sasana and Cultural Affairs has requested to take measures to carry out the rituals of the auspicious time with the members of his house due to the prevailing situation in the island.