Sri Lankans are eagerly preparing for the dawn of the Sinhala and Tamil New Year which will take place in a few hours.
Following are the auspicious times for all the traditional activities that take place during the New Year celebrations.
- Dawn of the Sinhala and Tamil New Year: April 14, 02:09 pm
- Punya Kalaya: 7.45 am to 8.33 pm
- Milk rice with jaggery should be prepared while dressed in colours of red mixed with yellow – facing East at 02.42 p.m
- Transactions and partaking of the first meal: 3.54 pm – facing East, dressed in colours of red mixed with yellow
- Anointing with oil: Wednesday, April 17 at 7.40 a.m.
- Time to leave for work: Thursday, April 18 at 4.52 a.m.