Army commander Lieutenant General Mahesh Senanayake said the threat of more Islamist militant attacks had been contained and the security services had dismantled most of the network linked to the Easter Sunday bombings.
The Army commander speaking to Reuters said that investigators had established that the plotters had links to Islamic State, but said the authorities were still trying to establish how deep those contacts were.
He said the focus of the probe is on the plotting, funding and planning of the attacks, as well as the precise nature of the offshore links – including whether any of the explosives came from southern India.
Sri Lanka has been on high alert but the Army Chief who led the Special Forces during the last stages of the war against the LTTE said, he wanted the military to head back to their barracks soon.
Investigators from eight countries, including the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation and Interpol, are helping Sri Lanka with the investigation.
Lieutenant General Mahesh Senanayake said that India, China, United States, Israel, Australia and the United Arab Emirates were looking to provide high grade military technology, including communication and surveillance equipment, to deal with future threats.
Aththa Withthi – Truth First like us on Facebook Page and joine to our Facebook Group.